ATTENTION!: From now on, preventive protective vaccinations (indication vaccinations) against monkeypox are also available in Saarland. The vaccinations are initially only available for men who have sex with men (MSM), change partners more frequently and are at least 18 years old.
What do you need to do to get vaccinated?
1. A doctor must certify the indication. In Saarland, this is done exclusively by the following HIV specialist practices:
- Dr. Diana Csikai, Viktoria-Haus, Bahnhofstr. 101, 66111 Saarbrücken, Fon: 0681 - 910 17 88
- Beatrice Gospodinov & Katarina Projsner, Mainzer Str. 38, 66111 Saarbrücken, Fon: 0681 - 96 75 70
- Christian Lahr, Mainzer Str. 94, 66121 Saarbrücken, Fon: 0681 - 65 00 8
- Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster, Blumenstr. 11, 66111 Saarbrücken, Fon: 0681 - 31 0 88
- HIV outpatient clinic of the Saarland University Hospital in Homburg, Fon: 06841 - 16 15900
There you will receive an information sheet on vaccination. You also have to fill out an anamnesis and consent form. These can be viewed and downloaded in advance on the website of the Robert Koch Institute: www.rki.de/DE/Content/Infekt/Impfen/Materialien/affenpocken-aufklaerungsbogen. The materials are available in eight languages. The materials are available in eight languages.
2. vaccinations are given exclusively at Saarland University Hospital in Homburg. The HIV focus practices have access to a portal of the clinic and can register you there for a vaccination appointment.
Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about vaccination against monkeypox can be found at https://www.rki.de/SharedDocs/FAQ/Impfen/Affenpocken/FAQ-Liste_Affenpocken_Impfung.
If you have any questions, please call 0681 - 19 4 11. The counselling service is, of course, anonymous.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)